Currently, there are two types of connections to access the Internet: the first, through the cables that go directly from the modem router to the computer; And the second, with wireless technology, the latter you find not only in cell phones, tablets or laptops, but also some desktop computers. Although networks usually Wifi They have a password that is difficult to guess, this does not mean that a person cannot violate their security, in fact it is likely that there is more than one unknown user connected to your WiFi network. Do you want to know how to detect it? then we will explain it from Mag.
If you are up to date with your payments with the company that provides you with internet services and you do not have breakdowns in your area, and even so the browsing speed is very slow, it is time that you begin to suspect that there are probably one or more unknown persons who are connected to your signal Wifi, it means that they have seen the way to access your network without knowing the password. Fortunately, it is possible to discover such information with the help of your device. AndroidOf course with the help of an external application.
THE GUIDE TO KNOW IF THERE ARE STRANGERS CONNECTED TO MY WIFI NETWORK
- First, go to the Google Play Store Android to download “fing network scanner” app, you can quickly get it by clicking here.
- Open the app and click “Next” > “Accept and continue” > “Enable location” > grant the necessary permissions “While the app is in use”.
- You are not required to register, so tap on the button that says “I’ll think about it”.
- Now, Fing Scanner will ask you “What is your attitude towards technology”, and under four options: “I’m a professional”, “I’m a hobbyist”, “I get by” or “I need help”, choose one.
- You will get a screen and above the name of the network that you are currently connected to.
- Underneath click on “Search for devices”.
- Wait for the application to finish loading and all cell phones, tablets, televisions, etc., any equipment that is connected to your signal, will appear.
- If you click on a mobile, for example, you will have certain data such as the brand of the device, the model, the version of its operating system, and most important of all, the “IP Address”.
- In case you find a device that you do not know, in the “Manage this device” section, click on the trash can icon (Delete).
- Another option would be to change the WiFi password.
What is the network with the greatest coverage in my area?
- Access the Google Play Store Android and download the app “Perf: Wi-Fi speed test“.
- Open the app and give it all permissions.
- Add the number of gigabytes that your plan has, if you are a prepaid customer, enter zero and “Ok”.
- Tap on the icon of the three stripes that are in the upper left corner and enter the “Speeds and coverage” section.
- You will automatically see the map of your country stained with different colors: blue is the area where there is greater 2G coverage; the green 3G, the orange 4G LTE; and purple 5G.
- Click on the compass to go directly to your home, workplace or wherever you are in real time.
Ready, so you will know which network is best for you, remember that a mobile phone with 5G arrived will not be useful at the moment if that technology has not yet in your country. In addition, at the bottom of the map you can change the type of telephone operator with which you have contracted your service.