FromSoftware’s The latest RPG features a lot more magic than previous Souls-type games, all with different spells, incantations, and new Ashes of War mechanics. An aspiring sorcerer for a natural class choice is the Astrologer, but especially in the early part of the game where there is very little armor and equipment that you can come across. So, here’s an overview of the Elden Ring in Astrologer for best armor so that you know what to look out for.
Elden Ring in Astrologer Builds for Best Armor
The first thing you should know about the Elden Ring in Astrologer armor is that there are many armor sets out there that can be found in the early stages of the game, such as Astrologers / Magic Builds, and some that are actually good as the Astrologer cloak set you get as standard. In fact, one key thing to remember about Elden Ring is that the armor stats are hugely important in general, let alone an Astrologer / magic build. After all, your strategy is to take damage at all – only to avoid high incoming attacks and hit back.
Having said all of that, as an Astrologer you are still free to wear any armor set you find in the game. If you’re new to Souls-type games, don’t be fooled into thinking that a magic build you simply can’t afford is the same as the armor sets, but they’re better suited to strength / dexterity and other more conventional melee builds. You can absolutely. Just make sure your weight doesn’t exceed the threshold to be able to dodge / roll. Generally speaking, Light Armor pieces are the best intelligence builds for you, but you can mix some of the heavier stuff so long that the weight doesn’t prevent you from rolling fast.
In all honesty, the standard Astrologer set is all you need to build your magic as a game with the first 20 or so hours. Most of the time, swapping out armor sets is really an aesthetic choice for more than one gameplay.
Still, it’s true that later in the game there is a better Astrologer Cloak than a better armor available. Here we’ll list a few options to either change from the standard set or mix to other armor:
- Imp Helm – Limgrave Catacombs in Imps from the Farm. Adds +2 to Intelligence.
- Raya Lucarian Sorcerer Set – Founding farming mobs in academia. The helmet is looted and there is a false wall behind it. The best place to farm is the classroom bonfire.
- Snow Witch Armor Set – Ranni’s Questline of the End After the Rena’s Rise of the Upper Floor on a Chest.
- Sage Set – Found in Stillwater Cave, Lakes of Liurnia, just ahead and below the Lake Facing Cliffs, near the end of a poison submerged corpse. Beware the Giant Bats That Will Attack You When You Take It.
- Errant Sorcerer’s Set – Found at The Craftsman’s Shack in Mt. Gelmir.
- Azur’s Glintstone Set – Complete Sorcerers Sellen’s Questline (her side with a must), then return to Primeval Sorcerer’s Azur to get the full set.
- Blackflame Monk Set – The Caelid of the Divine Tower at the Blackflame Monks from Farmed. Enter and go down to the basement to find the best location for them.
- Alberich’s Set – Found in Leyndell, which is the Erdtree near the city. Specifically, the Legacy Dungeon. It’s about three-quarters of the way through the dungeon.
- Spellblade Set – Glinstones sorcery for stat boosts. Undertake Sorcerer Rogiere’s questline, but completing it before becoming a vassal of Ranni and Rogier will die, leaving his set.
That should give you a solid overview of some Elden Ring in an Astrologer build for best armor. Be sure to search Twinfinite or check our guide for more tips, tricks and information on the game.
If you have a specific question you can find an answer to the site then feel free to reach out to the comment section below and we’ll do our best to lend a hand.