Much like Souls games past. FromSoftware’s The most challenging boss encounters of some of the latest RPG features ever conceived. While Godrick is nowhere near the top of the pile of terms, he can prove to be a tricky early game and likely the hardest enemy most players will have until that point. Here’s a guide on how to run How to beat the Godrick boss fight in the Elden Ring.
How To Beat Godrick Boss Fight In The Elden Ring
Godrick is a boss you shouldn’t really take until you’re at least level 20, if not level 25+. Of course, it’s possible to beat him even under level 20, but you’re really asking for the pain of a world where you’re so skilled at the game’s combat – and if that’s what you need then this guide!
For those who are struggling, then, here are some tips to help you fight this boss:
- Be at least level 25.
- As always, make sure your quick slot is not cluttered with unnecessary items. You’ll want your Crimson / Clear Tears handy.
- Speaking of flasks, make sure you allocate suitably before the encounter. Magic builds will want more FP, etc…
- Use a Spirit Summon immediately. Then be ready to either dodge-roll or shield-up his first attack.
- If you are a magic-build, astrologer class, get the Meteorite Staff and Rock Sling spell, and just hurl the attack repeatedly. Here’s a guide on how to find those items.
- You can run to the left or right and use the ledger slabs to interupt some of Godrick’s attacks.
- Godrick’s attacks of Learn the Timing. He has some very long wind ups that telegraph his attacks, and when you can easily roll over underneath him or him, that finishes the animation and you can inflict some big damage.
- Don’t be greedy. Respect Godrick’s attacks and play slowly.
Godrick has two forms; Halfway through the fight, once you have whittled his health down to half, he will morph into a second form that uses a dragon’s head to throw fire at you. In this form, Godrick’s attacks are much more powerful, but his movement is a little slower.
Godrick’s first form is harder if you’re using a melee attack to build a Strength / Dex-type, while his second form is a lot less HP with spellcasters.
During his first phase, always roll away from his slam attack. His other swipe attacks can be easily rolled into, but the slam one is too dangerous to mess with – just get out of there! He also has a spinning attack that shoots out a whirlwind of sorts which are hard to avoid. Try to roll into it to avoid damage, or just tank the damage and be prepared to heal quickly. Generally, though, for melee builds, you are just looking at the time he rolls with his attacks, then completes the animation after the strike. Spellcasters need only keep distance and fire whilst rolling away from his whirlwinds (which he will use mostly for keeping your distance).
As mentioned, the second form is actually a melee style with a very easy counter. As soon as Godrick charges up his first fire attack, he hits a few hits with his face on the run and right up. You can cause quite a bit of damage here essentially for free. If you’re a magic build, either back away and heal any damage you can tank, or you can run against his attack and past him.
This second form is his dragon-grab, which he uses to grab you. The dragon’s head will roll before he does this, so that’s a nice sound cue to remind you to roll away. Also, stay clear of his ground slams, and when he uses his close-range fire attacks, roll to the side or avoid damage to the attack.
Remeber, play slowly, and don’t get overly greedy trying to inflict damage. The only exception to this rule would probably be a spellcasting magic build, in which case your main objective is really just the spam from your most powerful spells.
Hopefully, this guide gave you a good idea of How to beat the Godrick boss fight in the Elden Ring. Be sure to search Twinfinite or check our guide for more tips, tricks and information on the game.
If you have a specific question you can find an answer to the site then feel free to reach out to the comment section below and we’ll do our best to lend a hand.