NVIDIA Game Ready drivers are often used as a delivery mechanism to add new features for GeForce users. This game adds support for Ready Driver NVIDIA DLDSR, an enhancement to Dynamic Super Resolution (DSR) with AI, as well as several new freestyle filters that combine to improve the image quality of your favorite classics.
NVIDIA DLSS and Reflex Deliver The Definitive God of War PC Experience
God of War is the latest blockbuster provided with NVIDIA RTX technology, and supports both NVIDIA DLSS and NVIDIA Reflex at launch.
Increase performance of God of War up to 45% with NVIDIA DLSS
Powered by AI rendering technology and dedicated tensor core processors specifically found in GeForce RTX GPUs, DLSS accelerates frame rates in God of War while preserving the excellent graphic details of games to provide image quality similar to local resolution.
Upon launch, performance in 4K is increased by up to 45%, allowing gamers to play God of War with excellent graphics, high frame rates and uncompromising image quality.
God of War responds 22% more with NVIDIA reflex
Responsive games are more immersive and less frustrating and make players more accurate with their inputs. The fast action and amazing combos of God of War are crucial to overcoming the game’s most complex challenges. If the PC’s system latency is high, the gameplay feels sluggish and the controls do not respond. Combos are hard to chain, tricky jumps are wrong and the experience feels slow.
For the NVIDIA Reflex, GeForce 900 series and newer GPUs the system can reduce latency up to 22% quickly and easily, making the gameplay more dynamic and more responsive with tough dodges and combos.
DLDSR – Use your spare GPU cycles to increase IQ
Gamers playing non-GPU tax-free games (such as classic games like Pray, StarCraft 2, Diablo III, etc.) can enable DLDSR to use their spare GPU bikes. DLDSR 1080p or 1440p monitors are especially useful for gamers with an extra GPU headroom, as it enhances the visuals in their favorite games with a less noticeable performance effect.
The DLDSR tensor enhances the DSR by utilizing a core-accelerated AI network, trained to identify lines and margins to discriminate between aliasing and texture details. Due to the improved accuracy of this AI-based approach, DLDSR improves image quality while requiring the rendering of fewer pixels than non-DL supersampling.
For example, setting the DLDSR to 2.25x factor gives visually similar results (i.e. better resolution and transient stability) when the DSR is set to 4x, but with much higher FPS.
DLDSR is available from the NVIDIA control panel and works on most games.
We have provided testing guidelines for those interested in checking this out. They can be downloaded from the NVIDIA Press site at www.nvidia-press.com.
New Freestyle Filters
Our latest Game Ready driver also offers three new advanced freestyle filters – -SSRTGI, SSAO and Dynamic DOF – which can be accessed by pressing Alt + F3 during gameplay when the game overlay of the GeForce experience is enabled in the app settings menu.
- SSRTGI (Screen Space Ray Traced Global Illumination), commonly known as the “Ray Tracing Reshed Filter”, enhances the lighting and shadows of your favorite titles to create a great sense of depth and realism.
- SSAO (Screen Space Ambient Occlusion) emphasizes the appearance of shadows near the intersections of 3D objects, especially in dim lighting / indoor environments.
- Dynamic DOF (Depth of Field) applies a bokeh-style blur based on the proximity of objects in the scene to give your game a more cinematic thriller feel.
Comparing scalar technologies
Because all available scalars from GPU manufacturers use different technologies to achieve their goals, comparing marketing labels (such as ‘ultra quality’ or ‘quality’) is not Apple-to-Apple and can offer dramatically different levels of image quality. . The ‘ultra quality’ mode of one technique can provide an image quality similar to the ‘quality’ mode of another technique.
Therefore, we always recommend looking at image quality modes to compare different scaling methods, find comparable IQ, and then measure performance. We call this process “Iso-quality comparison”. To facilitate this we provide a tool called ICAT.
For reference we have included the following general recommendations:
- NVIDIA Image Scaling (NIS) – A driver-based spatial upscale compatible with most games that enhance performance by rendering at lower resolution and upscaling to monitor resolution. It is also available as an open source SDK for all GPUs. This is generally comparable to AMD’s FSR spatial upscale.
- DLDSR / DSR – driver-level spatial downscaling suitable for most games that enhance image quality by rendering at high resolution and lowering to monitor resolution. The DLDSR / DSR is generally comparable to AMD’s VSR spatial downscaling.
- DLSS – Uses deep learning, tensor course and temporal game data to enhance performance while maintaining image quality comparable to local resolution. Always use ‘iso quality’ to identify similarities between DLSS and competitor offers. DLSS is the only technology that uses AI and temporal feedback to accurately deliver moving objects and to eliminate ‘popping’ and other artifacts related to spatial superiority. DLSS is in a classroom.