Sigrun is one of the most difficult officers in God of War, you can defeat for some good exploitation. Unlike other bosses in God of War, Sigrun is the optional boss you can call to fight in the Council of Valkyries. But she gives you a lot of challenge, so you should not skip this if you like tough boss fights. So let’s see how to defeat Sigrun in God of War.
How to defeat Sigrun in God of War
To defeat Sigrun, it is best to learn her moves. Learning her move can not only help you understand when to escape but also to know when to attack. Also, keep in mind that your armor will be a big help in this fight, so be prepared to use it often.
Sigrun starts attacking you using his wings, her wing attack pattern is as follows.
- Personal Wing Strikes.
- Spin attack.
- Wing Strikes + Spin Attacks.
After the above attacks, she can do any of the following attacks.
- Scythe wave: Sigrun wipes the wave towards the Kratos with his scythe. You can avoid it by timing your roll on either side depending on where the attack is coming from.
- Burning yellow projectiles and magic disks: When you see multiple projectiles incoming you can block them. But if you see an incoming one, it is best to avoid it.
- Throwing ice cubes: Like yellow projectiles, you can prevent multiple snow attacks. But if you see a large iceberg, you will avoid it.
- Mow Spin Attack: She rushes towards Kratos and cuts with her scythe.
- Jumping on the Kratos: She jumps on Kratos trying to catch him. Avoid this attack and you will find room to hit her.
- Making her wing armor: She uses her wings as a shield, as the name implies. Although it does not attack itself, it does attack after it has raised its wings.
- Black smoke projectiles: The sigran also burns black smoke like projectiles that you can block.
- Fires on the floor: Sigrun raises his hand and you see the flames burning on the floor. Avoid it as it burns and does a lot of damage. After this dodge, get ready to defeat Sigrun’s second attack.
- Levitating and ground pounding: She uses her staff to hit the ground.
- Staff attack: As the name suggests, Sigrun uses his crew to attack Kratos. Her attacks also have the potential to blind Kratos.
- Flying with Dash: Avoid it when you see a sigurun jumping and dashing towards it. Because she targets your face and if she catches it, the crotch will taste dirty.
- Stabbing after dashing: It was one of her ground attacks as she ran towards Kratos. And the stabbing attack follows.
- Blind Attack: It makes the whole arena foggy and makes you not see her.
And all of the above are not just personal attacks, Sigrun combines some of the above as well. But the sooner you learn this pattern of personal attacks the faster you will learn how to deal with her. The main goal is to find out when she is down guard so you can attack.
The next thing you need to focus on Maintaining your health. An important tip is to use your runic attacks and spartan rage when needed, for example when you get an opening on her. This will allow you to make the most of them.
So the biggest tip I would suggest here is focusing on learning her movements and not attacking at the beginning. This will help you to know when to attack between attacks. Once you have mastered it, you will know when to attack and the fight should be airborne.
It summarizes this guide on how to defeat Sigrun in God of War. If this guide is helpful, you should also check out our other guides How to get smoldering amber And How to get the anchor of the fog.