Situation: You want to update your phone to the latest software version.
Applicable to: All Xiaomi Smartphones. ( POCO, Redmi, Mi )
Before updating your phone to the latest software, please take note of the following:
- Back up your data before doing any update in your device. Although OTA Update doesn’t require to back up your data, but it still best to make backing up your data regularly.
- Plug your XIAOMI phone into power, or keep the battery level over 30% or more.
- Make sure that you are connected to a proper Wi-Fi or Mobile network.
- Do not Use or power off your device during the updating process.
How to update phone via OTA (Over-The-Air)
- A notification will be sent to you if any ota update is available. Tap on the notification or manually check it by going to [Settings] > [About Phone] > [System Update].
- Connect your phone to a good spped Wi-Fi or Mobile network. The system will automatically show a new update if avillable. You can see a notification on the “System updates” icon, otherwise, it will show “No Updates available”.
- Download the latest update. Best to download using the Wi-Fi network to avoid the consumption of your mobile data.
- Tap [Reboot Device]. Your device will reboot and start updating, which will take a few minutes.
Always update the software version of your phone.
The benefits of system updates include:
- Optimizing system performance.
- Improve your battery performance.
- Developing compatibility with more third-party apps.
- Enhancing the system stability.
- New System UI.
- Increase the android security patch level.
How To Update Phone Via Recovery ROM
- Download the latest Recovery ROM for your device. But check your region, device code name, and after all verifying details download the latest Recovery ROM.
- This recovery ROM file size is around 1.5 GB to 3.0 GB depended on new updates and types of devices.
- After download, the ROM, open the system update, click on three dot options, choose the update package, select your latest ROM, and wait to decrypt the file.
Note: If you don’t know how to install the ROM in your device please contact us.
* Pictures, settings, and paths might differ from those of your phone, but these won’t affect the description in this article.