It may only be March, but the Elden Ring is sure to feature right at the top of most people’s game of the year later in the year. From its beautiful open world to its exceptional gameplay, FromSoftware’s latest game has been celebrated as a huge success across the board, including us here at Twinfinite. Still, it’s not perfect, and for those who like the idea of making tweaks and changes to their preference then look no further than the PC modding community. Here we are explaining how to mod Elden Ring so you can get started experimenting.
How To Mod Elden Ring
Most PC games are mostly straightforward, and the Elden Ring is no exception. In most cases, all you need to do is drag and drop a new regulation.bin file from the download folder to your game folder, or a .dll file to a custom ‘Mods’ folder (which you will create yourself and keep within) the game’s Steam folder).
Not to mention, you’ll probably find that most NexusMods have very thorough instructions, as well as a ‘Posts’ section that you can refer to for any support you might need.
Still, we recommend you download a couple of tools before you get started that make modding much easier. For example, this mods loader tool ensures that any .dll files associated with a custom ‘mods’ folder are automatically placed when they are loaded. . Also, This anti-cheat / offline launcherMake sure you never get accidentally use mods while in online mode – doing so is very likely to get you banned.
Now, let’s look at a few of the mods we’ve listed in our recent Best Elden Ring Mods article on how to install one:
Installing Elden Ring Mods That Modify Regulation.bin Files
The Magic Overhaul mod One of the biggest mods we have included, but the instructions are very straightforward. All you need to do is replace the restriction.bin file from your game folder with one download folder. Of course, you should Always back up your save and back up the original regulation.bin file.
Installing Elden Ring Mods That Include .DLL Files
The unlock framerate mod A rare example of an Elden Ring mod that does not require you to change is the Regulation.bin file. Instead, it’s a .dll file that requires the mod loading tool that we mentioned earlier. Once you have that tool, all you need to do is fold your game mods into the .zip file and it will run automatically. Again, doing everything before doing this!
Installing Mods That Use The Cheat Engine
For those who want to edit the Elden Ring their preference, look no further NexusMods on the Elden Ring Cheat Table List. It’s essentially a compilation of different mod scripts, and you can use it in combination with a bunch of features, from flying to spawning items. For this type of mod, you will need to download and install the cheat engineand then follow these instructions (provided with abbreviated and edited instructions) purchasedonsword66 on NexusMods):
- First download Cheat Engine, then download the files from the download page and place the file that disables the anti-cheat into the game directory (the same place where you can find the Elden Ring.exe file).
- Go back to the cheat table file folder you downloaded and extract all the contents to wherever you want to keep your cheat tables, this file does not and probably should not be in the game directory.
- Run Elden Ring through the Elden Ring.exe file, not through Steam or any other service, then load your character or make a new character offline.
- Now that the game is out of the box, your character is in the world and open to the cheat engine, then navigate to where you want and which program you want. Click on the magnifying glass with a screen, and click on the Elden Ring, then press the folder button to the right.
- Give it a second or two for all the question marks to disappear, and you know when you’re ready to find your current health, FP, stamina and so on and it just doesn’t exist ??? From the simple to check boxes you want to have active and a few options you need to switch from 0 to 1 in order to activate them.
This article is about everything you need to know how to mod Elden Ring. Let us know if you need any further help in the comment section below.