British publisher PQube announced the western release date of the upcoming post-apocalyptic JRPG by Kadokawa Games Metal Max Xeno Reborn.
Today the British publisher PQube announces the western release date of the upcoming post-apocalyptic JRPG by Kadokawa Games Metal Max Xeno Reborn.
Fans of the series have certainly waited for the announcement long, considering that the localization was revealed almost a year ago and the game launched in Japan in September 2020.
Yet, it’s finally coming to PS4, Nintendo Switch, and PC via Steam on June 10.
We also get a trailer, which you can check out below.
A physical collector’s edition for Nintendo Switch will be available in ultra-limited quantities (500 copies).
- Nintendo Switch or PlayStation 4 Physical Game
- Set of Three Enamel Pin Badges with Branded Box
- Set of Four Artcards (A6 size)
- Collector’s Edition Box
If you’re unfamiliar with Metal Max Xeno Reborn, it’s the remake of Metal Max Xeno which was released in 2018 for PS4 and PS Vita. It’s also the latest installment of the old and glorious Metal Max JRPG series that debuted all the way back in 1991.
- Post-apocalyptic world Where humans are endangered, and machines roam the wasteland
- JRPG with a blend of turn-based and real-time combat, With an emphasis on tanks and armored vehicles
- Explore the expansive wastes of Tokyo Bay – Freely explore a vast world on foot or mounted in your combat vehicle
- Team up with two new characters – beloved battle dog, Pochi, and artificial-human navigator Po-M as you venture out to unite the remaining survivors
- Hunt down high-value targets with over 30 boss fights to claim valuable rewards
- A reimagining of Metal Max Xeno (2018), The latest game in the classic Japanese series, ‘Metal Max ‘
- Fully redeveloped With a brand new game engine and a complete graphical overhaul, with redesigned characters, enemies and environments.
If you would like to learn more about Metal Max Xeno Reborn, you can read our extensive interview with producer Juntaro Kohno and our report on the future of the series.