Earlier this month, Square Enix revealed that they’d be bringing Octopath Traveler Mobile Game Champions of the Continent to North America and Europe in 2022, and that a closed beta test would be coming soon. Today, the developers stated that not only is pre-registration live, but that fans won’t have to wait too long to get to try out the game.
In a press release, Square Enix announced that the closed beta version of Octopath Traveler: Champions of the Continent will begin on March 22nd and end on April 4th. Currently, the test is only for Android, even though the game will release later this year for iOS as well.
You can check out the closed beta trailer and a list of features you can expect from Octopath Traveler: Champions of Continent just below.
- HD-2D: Evolved Pixel Art – The game’s classic 2D pixel art is enhanced with 3D-CG effects, bringing the wonderous world of Orsterra to life. Rediscover the beautifully stylized environments filled with side quests, dangerous bosses, and treasures.
- Strategic and Exhilarating Combat – Dive into an evolved command-style battle system, which utilizes up to eight party members and swipe controls that allow for fast paced command selection.
- A Massive Character Roster – Choose from over 64 characters at launch to create an endless combination of teams. Customize team builds for each fight to reign victorious on the battlefield.
- Unique Interaction Paths – Unlock endless possibilities for character interactions, including the ability to “Inquire” for information, “Entreat” for items, or “Hire” characters as a party.
- An Epic Game Soundtrack – Yasunori Nishiki, the composer behind the beloved OCTOPATH TRAVELER soundtrack, is back for this latest installment with new compositions to OCTOPATH TRAVELER: Champions of the Continent.
For more news related to the series, be sure to check out all of our related content below. That includes plenty of features, news, and quizzes about Octopath Traveler that fans will surely love.