Developer SoClap has issued new patch notes for its popular martial-arts action game Sifu. Update 1.07 adds some minor new content but is mostly focused on bug fixing and general performance improvements. You can find the full patch notes below.
- Added Mandarin Chinese voice over
- Tweaks on camera: a pass has been done on all levels to remove camera collision and visibility on some level environments that could block the view during combat.
- Fixed the infinite loop exploit of hitting an enemy already down with the sweep attack.
- Fixed an issue where Fajar would stop attacking the player in the second phase
- Fixed the Blade technique infinite loop exploit against Kuroki
- The shrine rewards unlocks are now always saved when finishing a level. (It was only saved if the level was finished with a younger age before)
XUX / UI:
- High Contrast Display is now available for Playstation users
- Display additional input combination on controller layout
- Fixed issues with remapping Focus for keyboard users
- Fixed subtitles being cropped when resizing
- IxedFixed issue for the Japanese PS4 version where remapping the interaction input could block the navigation in some menus.
- IxedFixed multiple bugs and crashes
- Performance optimization
- Fixed minor issues with level art & lighting
- Fixed Chinese calligraphy mistakes in the Sanctuary – still WIP thanks @materwelonz!
Twinfinite reviewed Sifu and had mixed feelings about the experience, scoring the game 3.5 / 5 and concluding:
“Overall, I was pretty disappointed with Sifu. I know that it’s an excellent game. The combat is tight, feels really fluid, and is going to provide a nice challenge for people who want one. However, its gameplay loop and punishing aging system and multiplier, mixed with a lack of proper training and tutorial elements, ruined whatever enjoyment I felt at the start. “