Today, acclaimed publisher Team17 and developer Super Mega Team announced a partnership to bring their deck-building Metroidvania, The Knight Witch, to PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X | S, Nintendo Switch and PC later this year.
Accompanying the announcement is a new trailer showcasing the 2D action-adventure title in all its glory. Go ahead and take a gander down below:
As you can see in the footage above, The Knight Witch is a slick and fluid 2D Metroidvania that blends arcade shoot-’em-up action with light RPG mechanics, combined with some deck-building gameplay for good measure.
You take on the role of the titular Knight Witch as you explore the Lost City of Dungeonidas, while trying to repel your best attack led by a mysterious threat of a bunch of dastardly golems.
No concrete release date has been locked in as of yet, but Team17 promises that the game will launch later in 2022.
For more information, here’s an official press release of a rundown courtesy we received earlier today:
With over 30 unique spell cards to choose from in a magic deck-building system, and Knight abilities to upgrade and improve, players can customize Rayne’s build to fit their playstyle, taking down the invading golems in the most effective way. Like other Knight Witches, Rayne thrives off of love and adoration of Dungeonidas’ citizens, growing ever stronger with their continued support – players can choose to capitalize on this, lying to the adoring denizens for their own means, or they can be honest, sharing The painful truth is that the masses.
The Knight Witch Key Features:
– Shoot ‘Em Up Spellcasting Sorcery: Encounter evil foes and choose whether to wield Rayne’s magic or use her weapons and wits to take them down.
– Body and Mind: The Knight Witch Duality: Customize Rayne’s unique playstyle, upgrading Knight abilities for a more fast-paced shoot ’em up experience, or strengthen Witch magic and explore different deckbuilding strategies with over 30 unique spell cards to choose from.
– Build Trust & Make Lasting Bonds: Knight Witches become stronger with gratitude and trust and can earn it in many ways, not all of which are sincere – the choice to choose popularity over honesty lies in the players’ hands.
– Forward-Thinking Accessibility: The Knight Witch Has been designed as a Metroidvania without barriers; With an intuitive on / off ‘auto-aim’ system, world-altering ‘cheats’ and a focused main story navigation system – players will never get lost and can tailor the game to their level.
– Super Mega Team: The Knight Witch is brought to you by a veteran team of developers behind titles such as RiME, Moonlighter, and Plants VS Zombies.General Chat Chat Lounge
The Knight Witch launches later this year for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X | S, Nintendo Switch and PC.