FromSoftware RPGs have always featured spellcasting and sorcery, but if you like magic-style builds then the Elden Ring takes things to a whole new level. There’s a huge range of different spells and incantations, as well as all manner of different staffs, seals, and magical outfits to wear. Also, various accessories that enhance your character’s abilities in unique ways. Some of them, however, are easy to get hold of – especially when they are a part of complex questlines. Here’s How To Get The Elden Ring In The Magic Scorpion Charm, and what it does If you’re unsure it’s worth finding the time to sink.
As you may have guessed from the above intro, the Magic Scorpion Charm is a convoluted process that takes quite a bit of time and quite a bit of back and forth. It’s an item that you can only get through two different questlines: Ranni the Witch, and Seluvis the Sorcerer.
To make the whole thing easier to understand, we are going to break down each step. First, though, here are some things to keep in mind:
- When you need to have a progressive game, beaten Margit, Godrick, and Rennala and when you can access Ranni’s Rise, which is just north of Carian Manor. Your level should probably be 40+ if you are playing the Elden Ring for the first time.
- Margit the Fell Omen, then you have spoken to Nepheli, and then to her father Gideon (Exhaust all his conversation with Nepheli), the Roundtable Hold; Gideon is in his study, which is the only two fingers left in the room with Enia speaking after unlocking, while Nephalia should be just outside it.
- The Above of the Purpose is to get to Nepheli to relocate to the Albinurics of the Village, and then help her slay the Omenkiller there. Roundtable Hold once again and the questlines will be unfolded as soon as you set the date.
- If you haven’t already, go and find the two halves of the Dectus Medallion so that you can travel across the Grand Lift of Dectus (detailed guide here).
- Ranni, otherwise, she will discover your plot and, well, things don’t end well…
How To Get The Magic Scorpion Charm
Ok, without further ado, let’s get into the walkthrough:
- Begin Ranni’s questline by visiting her at Ranni’s Rise.
- After Ranni has given you her quest, speak with the three spirits below; importantly, Selivus. Then go and visit him in his tower, which is just south of Ranni’s.
- Accept Seluvis’ task to give Nepheli a potion, then return to Roundtable Hold, find her (Master Hewg below the staircase – if she’s not there, you haven’t completed the prerequisites listed above), and exhaust her dialog accepts and drinks the potion. While you are here, also speak with Gideon again.
- Return to Ranni’s Rise, then travel straight east to find an illusory floor amongst a nearby ruin.
There are many ruins in this area, but the one you’re looking for is a dilapidated archway. Roll just inside the archway and the floor will reveal a stairwell to the fade away.
- Inside the Laboratory below, interact with the puppet of Selivus. The following prompt appears: “Seluvis’ puppet. Do not touch. ”
- Now return to Selivus, buy everything he has in his shop, and then talk to him again until he offers you a puppet of your own. After this, reload the area, and he should work with you to find Amber Starlight.
If the Selivus does not work with you, Amber Starlight, you may have to buy Starlight Shards with his remaining puppets until the questline continues.
- Travel across the Dectus Lift and then along the road to the north where you see the image below (where the red circle is). You are looking for a dark cave (which is more like a hole in the ground) where you will find the Amber Starlight key item. It’s surrounded by octopus-like enemies, so get in quickly and make your escape.
- Now, finally, go back to Selivus and give him the Amber Starlight. He will hand over the Magic Scorpion Charm as a reward.
What the Magic Scorpion Charm Does
The Magic Scorpion Charm is a pure spellcasting mage for a powerful asset that increases all spells and incantation damage by 10% by reducing the cost of the damage. If you are working towards building a character that is intended to inflict maximum damage and simply don’t ever get hit by incoming attacks then this is a huge boon.
That’s all you need to know How To Get The Elden Ring In The Magic Scorpion Charm, and what it does. For more useful tips and guides on the game, search Twinfinite.