Brought to us by the same studio who created The Dark Souls and Bloodborne franchises, the Elden Ring is finally upon us. While you are in the vast open world of the Lands, you will also come across some nasty bosses that will push you up and down the virtual daisies. One is the Crucible Knight, which is a boss that can appear a few times throughout your playthrough. Here’s Where to Find and How to Beat the Crucible Knight in the Elden Ring.
Where to Find Crucible Knight
The earliest time that you can meet is the Crucible Knight when you arrive in Limgrave. There is a circular structure called Stormhill Evergaol just south-west of the Gatefront, the site of Grace. This is where you’ll be able to initiate the Crucible Knight boss battle.
For those unaware, there are 16 Evergaols Dotted Around The Lands Between They And They Will Defeat You For Home Optional Bosses. The Crucible Knight is one of these.
Additionally, you’ll also come across Stormveil Castle and Redmane Castle (you’ll join the boss battle once you get rid of the Misbegotten Warrior to half health).
Elden Ring in How to Beat Crucible Knight
The Crucible Knight is a very reminiscent of The Black Souls from Dark Souls, and even has a pretty similar moveset. Essentially, many of his attacks have a slow wind-up that can easily be telegraphed so as to make sure to keep an eye out for his ‘tell’. That said, he can still cause problems, especially to players who’re low level.
We’d recommend taking the Crucible Knight when you’re at level 40 or above. If you’ve just started the game, we’d even suggest moving forward with your playthrough and maybe returning once you’ve leveled up.
For those who are still struggling, though, here are a few tips to help you through this boss fight:
- Be at least level 40.
- Make sure your quick slots are allocated with the right items. You’ll definitely need your Crimson and Clear Tears handy.
- Make sure you have 100 shields with a shield so you can block his attacks.
- As he spawns, this is a couple of free, easy hits to get a good chance.
- Try and keep your distance as some of his attacks have a surprisingly long range.
- Unfortunately, you won’t be able to use the Spirit Summon in the Evergaol boss fight, but you will be able to summon the Redmane Castle boss fight. Of course, make sure to summon your most powerful ally to help you.
- If you have the Glintstone Pebble and / or Rock Sling spells, you can use the Crucible Knight’s Health at some distance and whittle down. While he does have a shield that blocks the most magic damage, you’ll occasionally nab a hit with your magic when he winds up for an attack, which creates a brief opening for you.
- The Crucible Knight is pretty easy to parry, so you can use this to your advantage. If you’re not sure how to parry, we’ve got a detailed guide for you here.
- As for the Elden Ring in the Course, take your time and don’t get too greedy.
The Crucible Knight has two distinct phases. First of all, he starts out like the Black Knights of Dark Souls, and tends to focus mostly on strong-yet-slow physical attacks. These can be dodged, or if you’re keeping your distance, they can be avoided quite easily.
The Trick to Inflicting Damage The Crucible Knight – If You’re Not Using The Parry Method – Is To Rush In And Attack The Bait To Him. When he hits his wind-up, you roll over and strike him with a well-timed quick attack. Take your time, and rinse and repeat until the second stage.
The second phase of the boss fight kicks in once you’ve depleted his health around halfway point. This is when the Crucible Knight will start using more magic-based attacks.
Specifically, when he looks out for the main one he spawns massive wings and hurtles through the air. Dodging a well-timed roll is an effective way of dodging this particular move, but the timing is critical. Try and time it so that you roll past him as he flies past you, and this particular attack from potential damage.
Continuing the ‘bait and strike’ strategy from the first phase, though, bear in mind that his attacks are now more magic-based. As a result, you can quickly consume a Spellproof Dried Liver, which temporarily boosts your magic damage, which will help nullify the Crucible Knight’s magic damage.
Hopefully, this guide gave you a good idea of Where to Find and How to Beat the Crucible Knight The Elden Ring. Be sure to search Twinfinite or check our guide for more tips, tricks and information on the game.
If you have a specific question, you can find an answer to the site, then do the feel free to reach out to the comment section below and we’ll do our best to lend a hand.